Greetings in the Name of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, and welcome to the Friendship Bible Church BLOG, your source for announcements and information about what's happening at FBC.

For up to the minute information, follow us on Twitter.

And check out our main website, too, for everything else related to Friendship Bible Church in Randolph, Ohio - www.friendshipbiblechurch.org



Monday, August 6, 2007

In Battle or in Bed

The Lord is my light and my salvation - whom shall I fear?
The Lord is the stronghold of my life - of whom shall I be afraid? (Psalm 27:1 NIV)

A captain in the Confederate army once asked General "Stonewall" Jackson how he could remain so calm in the face of the horrors of war. Jackson, a staunch Christian, answered, "Captain, my religious belief teaches me to feel as safe in battle as in bed. God has fixed the time for my death. I do not concern myself about that, but to be always ready, no matter when it may overtake me. That is the way all men should live, and then all would be equally brave."

Jesus modeled that same peace in the midst of danger. When the boat carrying Him and His disciples encountered a tremendous storm at sea, Jesus slept through it! The disciples were astonished at His calm. But He knew what Stonewall knew - The Lord is the stronghold of my life - of whom (or what) shall I be afraid?

Do you have that level of confidence in God? It's there for the asking.

No comments: