Greetings in the Name of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, and welcome to the Friendship Bible Church BLOG, your source for announcements and information about what's happening at FBC.

For up to the minute information, follow us on Twitter.

And check out our main website, too, for everything else related to Friendship Bible Church in Randolph, Ohio - www.friendshipbiblechurch.org



Tuesday, July 13, 2010

A Note From Jyll

This past Lord's Day, we were privileged to hear from Jyll Schenault, a missionary to the Dominican Republic.  She sent the following report to her email list shortly thereafter.  It's a nice reminder of how appreciative missionaries are of even the slightest things we do for them.  And it's a reminder that we need to do more!

Jyll's letter:

Hello,
Life back home is finally starting to settle down a bit.  The week started out with the funeral services for my uncle, Roland, who passed away after a very quick battle with cancer (only having found out about it just a month ago).  I am now back to work, working at a computer/ technology company in Hudson, Ohio.  I have also been working on my school work (I began grad school classes in late May). 
This week, I had the privilege of speaking at Friendship Bible Church in Randolph, Ohio.  It is always exciting to be able to be a witness of the power of Jesus Christ around the world, even if the part of the world isn’t very far from where I grew up. 
After the church service, the church held a fellowship luncheon where the members and attendees had an opportunity to “meet the missionary”.  It was a wonderful time to get to meet these brothers and sisters in Christ and hear a little about their lives while I share with them of the adventures that God has taken me on.  The picture this week is of this fellowship luncheon.
I only have a few weeks left before I am heading back to the Dominican Republic.  If you are in Northeast Ohio and would like to get together, please let me know.
Have a wonderful week.  God bless you.
Jyll

2010-07-11 001 007.JPG

No comments: