Greetings in the Name of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, and welcome to the Friendship Bible Church BLOG, your source for announcements and information about what's happening at FBC.

For up to the minute information, follow us on Twitter.

And check out our main website, too, for everything else related to Friendship Bible Church in Randolph, Ohio - www.friendshipbiblechurch.org



Wednesday, September 15, 2010

A Motorcycle Moment

It has been a while since I shared a thought from my Morning Motorcycle Meditations, but today's fright seems worthy of sharing.

I can't say whether the car stopped too soon, attempting to turn left ahead of me, or I simply allowed my attention to wander, but somehow I found myself hurtling toward the rear bumper of a stopped car.

Braked hard... both tires locked up... rubber screeching on pavement... motorcycle skidding and sliding....

Fortunately, that's the worst - no impact or carnage.

But, the interesting thing to me was the total lack of terror I felt. You may laugh at that statement, but the fact is I've had much milder brushes with danger that left me shaking. This time, I remained totally calm throughout. I am reliving the long slide right now as I write this. And try as i might... I cannot find a moment during the experience where i was even remotely afraid.

My point?

Well, do you ever wonder whether God will be there for you in a big crisis? Or do you wonder whether you will be able to handle the things that might come your way? Well, my motorcycle moment this morning reminded me that God will always be right there with us - even in the slides and skids.

... for he hath said, I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee. So that we may boldly say, The Lord is my helper, and I will not fear... (Hebrews 13:5-6 KJV)

No comments: