Greetings in the Name of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, and welcome to the Friendship Bible Church BLOG, your source for announcements and information about what's happening at FBC.

For up to the minute information, follow us on Twitter.

And check out our main website, too, for everything else related to Friendship Bible Church in Randolph, Ohio - www.friendshipbiblechurch.org



Friday, April 8, 2016

Happy Birthday, Beth

Well it's that time again.  April 8 - Beth's birthday.  Even though she's been gone for nearly 2 years now, it still rings in my mind that it's a special day.

I thought this year that I would post something from her book in memory of her birthday.  But I've done that pretty recently.  And I couldn't find anything from the book that was particularly relevant.  But since I had no better idea I decided to post one of the chapters anyway.  I went to my computer and began looking for the file I needed, for she stored each story on her computer as a separate file.  Scanning the list I saw one I didn't recognize.  It was entitled "What A Day It Is Going To Be."  I grabbed the "Farmer Girl" book and checked.  Sure enough, that chapter didn't make it into the book, and so I opened up that file to see what she had written, and discovered that it was one of the unfinished ones, explaining why I didn't include it in the book.  But though it is unfinished, I think it may be the most perfect of anything she ever wrote, and a fitting tribute on her birthday.

She only managed two lines:

WHAT A DAY IT IS GOING TO BE...
WHEN MY JESUS I SHALL SEE...

Yes.  What a day it must have been... and everyday since.  Happy birthday, Beth.

No comments: