Greetings in the Name of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, and welcome to the Friendship Bible Church BLOG, your source for announcements and information about what's happening at FBC.

For up to the minute information, follow us on Twitter.

And check out our main website, too, for everything else related to Friendship Bible Church in Randolph, Ohio - www.friendshipbiblechurch.org



Thursday, May 12, 2016

Why We Encourage More Than Just Attending

If you are one who attends church regularly, you are miles ahead of most in America who don't even faithfully do that.  But we always encourage more than just once a week attendance.  Why?  Because it benefits you and helps you in your walk with Christ, that's why.  

Consider this text I received just today from one of our church members:

This is a sad fact... but if I wasn't serving at FBC, my focus would be Sunday only most likely.  I typically can't be devoted unless I'm involved. I would be filling the time with work.  
FBC is such a continual blessing in my family's life.  
God would have gotten His plan done, but I can't imagine what He would have needed to do if I had continued down the road I was traveling. What an amazing God we serve.  The gentle subtleties that He uses to influence our lives - worthy of an eternity of praise.

When we serve Christ in His church, it is a win win for everybody concerned.  And it certainly brings benefits into our own lives.  Are you involved at FBC?  There are lots of things to do and lots of opportunities to serve.  Hit up one of the elders if you'd like to know more.

No comments: