Greetings in the Name of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, and welcome to the Friendship Bible Church BLOG, your source for announcements and information about what's happening at FBC.

For up to the minute information, follow us on Twitter.

And check out our main website, too, for everything else related to Friendship Bible Church in Randolph, Ohio - www.friendshipbiblechurch.org



Tuesday, March 13, 2007

My sheep

I read these words of our Lord today, "My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me." (John 10:27)

What a great reminder of the order of things. If you would be his sheep... if you would have a relationship with Christ... if you would be a Christian, then the order needs to be as described in that verse.

You must hear His voice. "So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God." (Romans 10:17) If you want to learn about Jesus, you have to go to His Word - the Bible. Everything you need to know about Him is in that Book - read it, and find Christ. Read it and hear His voice.

You must have a relationship with Him. "I know them." Knowing Christ is defined in various ways in the Bible - believing, trusting, accepting, calling upon Him. "Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and thou shalt be saved." "For whosoever shall call up on the name of the Lord shall be saved." You cannot skip this step, friend. How beautiful to consider that you can have such a relationship with the God of all that is. How terrible to be in that other group which Jesus described in Matthew 7:23, "And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity."

Finally, you must follow Him. Live according to His example. Obey His commandments and teachings. Grow daily in your knowledge of Him and in His grace. Daily become more and more like Him.

Are you one of His sheep?

No comments: