Greetings in the Name of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, and welcome to the Friendship Bible Church BLOG, your source for announcements and information about what's happening at FBC.

For up to the minute information, follow us on Twitter.

And check out our main website, too, for everything else related to Friendship Bible Church in Randolph, Ohio - www.friendshipbiblechurch.org



Saturday, April 21, 2007

No Plans beat God's Plans

There is no wisdom, no insight, no plan that can succeed against the Lord. (Proverbs 21:30 NIV)

I hope you read often from the book of Proverbs. Have you ever noticed that there are 31 chapters in Proverbs - one for every day of the month? This book is filled with wisdom, and it works out wonderfully to read a chapter every day. As part of your daily Bible reading plan, consider adding a chapter a day from Proverbs.

This morning, as I read today's chapter, I came across the above verse. Some questions came to my mind. How many times, for example, have I thought I knew better than God, and tried to go off on my own and live my life in a way that went against His will? But according to Proverbs, no such plan can succeed against the Lord. His way is best and I should just submit to it, knowing He only wants what's best for me.

And how often do we see the philosophers of this world devising schemes and imaginations that are different from what God says in His word? It can get depressing if we let it, can't it? And yet, nothing this world devises, will stand against the truth of our God.

My friend, may I encourage you this morning to trust in God, even when other plans and imaginations seem (at least for the moment) more logical. His way is the only way.

No comments: