Greetings in the Name of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, and welcome to the Friendship Bible Church BLOG, your source for announcements and information about what's happening at FBC.

For up to the minute information, follow us on Twitter.

And check out our main website, too, for everything else related to Friendship Bible Church in Randolph, Ohio - www.friendshipbiblechurch.org



Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Welcome Warnings

"So," my friend began, "here's the latest warning about motorcycle accidents." And she proceeded to tell me yet another tale of a motorcycle rider who had been severely injured while riding. And here I was, thinking about that very story, as I motored down the highway on two wheels. The thought struck me that such warnings really do serve a useful purpose. I find I am much more alert and cognizant of potential dangers when these warnings are fresh in my mind.

The Apostle Paul warned repeatedly of dangers we might face in our Christian walk. And many were offended or turned off to his message by those warnings, so much so that at one point he asked the question, "Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?" (Galatians 4:16)

I thank the Lord for good friends who will warn me of danger. And I thank the Lord for good Christian brothers and sisters who love me enough, and have enough courage, to warn me of spiritual danger.

The next time somebody points out an area of your life that the Bible warns is dangerous, or sinful, or foolish, try to remember that they act as a true friend. They are not your enemy, and their warning is welcome.

No comments: