Greetings in the Name of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, and welcome to the Friendship Bible Church BLOG, your source for announcements and information about what's happening at FBC.

For up to the minute information, follow us on Twitter.

And check out our main website, too, for everything else related to Friendship Bible Church in Randolph, Ohio - www.friendshipbiblechurch.org



Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Do you have an email personality?

You gotta love the Dilbert comic strip, by Scott Adams. My family buys me a Dilbert desk calendar every year for Christmas, and one of the highlights of my day is reading the daily humor.
"Tina, why did you call me a flaming #3%!!?," asked Dilbert.

"I'm so sorry," replied Tina, "that was my e-mail personality. My real-time personality is kind and gentle."

"Oh. Okay," replied Dilbert as he walked away. But in the final frame of the comic, Tina is seen feverishly typing, "Never speak to me again, you miserable clump of decaying compost!"
In the silly world of Dilbert, that's kinda funny. We all know people who have an email personality that is far different from their real-time personality. And it's not just email where this shows up. Some are different in their car than they are in person... different on the phone than in person. I'm sure you know what I mean.

Although I laughed at this comic strip, I also found myself asking the Lord for help, for I see a little too much of myself in there. Do you? Let's determine, brothers and sisters, that we will be real all the time. Not one thing on Sunday morning, and something completely different the rest of the week.

Christianity is not a casual thing that we put on once in a while, but rather a continuous reflection of Jesus Christ living in and through us. "Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh, I live by the faith of the Son of God" (Galatians 2:20)

Let's put aside the email personality and be real.

No comments: