Greetings in the Name of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, and welcome to the Friendship Bible Church BLOG, your source for announcements and information about what's happening at FBC.

For up to the minute information, follow us on Twitter.

And check out our main website, too, for everything else related to Friendship Bible Church in Randolph, Ohio - www.friendshipbiblechurch.org



Friday, June 1, 2007

Happiness is the Lord

Did you ever get a song in your head and you can't get rid of it? For hours, it just plays over and over and over and over in your head! Arrrggghhh!!! Make it stop!

Well, imagine if you had a song playing in your head for YEARS. There is one particular song that I have had playing in my mind for years (not constantly, thank the Lord), but enough to keep the tune and thought before me. I first heard the song when I was a teenager at the Randolph Christian Church. The song is:

Happiness is to know the Savior,
Living a life within His favor,
Having a change in my behavior,
Happiness is the Lord.
Happiness is a new creation,
Jesus and me in close relation,
Having a part in His salvation,
Happiness is the Lord.

Real joy is mine, no matter if teardrops start;
I've found the secret, it's Jesus in my heart!

Happiness is to be forgiven,
Living a life that's worth the living,
Taking a trip that leads to Heaven,
Happiness is the Lord,
Happiness is the Lord,
Happiness is the Lord!

(Words and Music by Ira F. Stanphill)


I really don't mind that song playing around in my mind, because the Lord uses it to remind me of a very important spiritual truth. If I would be happy, I need to find that happiness in the Lord, and in His Word. There is no other source of happiness.

The Psalmist said:

O the happiness of that one, who has not walked in the counsel of the wicked. And in the way of sinners has not stood, And in the seat of scorners has not sat; But -- in the law of Jehovah is his delight, And in His law he meditates by day and by night. (Psalm 1:1-2)

Happiness is the Lord!

(By the way, if you want to get that song started in your own head, listen to it here.)

No comments: