Greetings in the Name of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, and welcome to the Friendship Bible Church BLOG, your source for announcements and information about what's happening at FBC.

For up to the minute information, follow us on Twitter.

And check out our main website, too, for everything else related to Friendship Bible Church in Randolph, Ohio - www.friendshipbiblechurch.org



Tuesday, December 4, 2007

The First Gleam of Dawn

Morning is such a special time to spend with the Lord. Arising before dawn, smelling that first whiff of coffee, and then settling into an armchair with the Bible - it's just a great time of the day. And it's commended in the Bible in so many ways. My voice shalt thou hear in the morning, O LORD; in the morning will I direct my prayer unto thee, and will look up. (Psalm 5:3)

May I encourage you to set aside a bit of every morning for the Lord? When we give Him the first part of everything, including our time, He always blesses that gift.

Well... this morning I sat in my chair looking out my window as the sun rose, pushing aside the grayness of night, and revealing with ever increasing light the snow - both in the air and on the ground. Turning away from the window, my eyes fell on my chapter in Proverbs for the day, where I read:

The path of the righteous is like the first gleam of dawn, shining ever brighter till the full light of day. But the way of the wicked is like deep darkness; they do not know what makes them stumble. (Proverbs 4:18-19 NIV)

Looking out the window again, I watched as the light increased, and pushed away the darkness. What a reminder, that no matter how dark the night we may go through, the first gleam of dawn will come, and the believer can keep walking, secure in the knowledge that God will always provide the light needed to see the way - more and more - until we get home.

No comments: