Greetings in the Name of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, and welcome to the Friendship Bible Church BLOG, your source for announcements and information about what's happening at FBC.

For up to the minute information, follow us on Twitter.

And check out our main website, too, for everything else related to Friendship Bible Church in Randolph, Ohio - www.friendshipbiblechurch.org



Saturday, December 1, 2007

The Promise of Winter

It was you who set all the boundaries of the earth; you made both summer and winter. (Psalm 74:17)

I sit, this morning, huddled in my warm house. It's hunting season this week, and I would normally be outside, enjoying God's beautiful creation. But I've been smitten with a head cold all week, and can't bear the thought of being out in this cold. As I sit looking through my window at the bleak grayness that envelopes the world this time of year, I can't help but suppress a shiver.

But then I read today's "Morning and Evening" devotional by Charles H. Spurgeon (highly recommended, by the way, even though the language may seem a bit dated) and took heart. For God did, indeed, make "both summer and winter." He is faithful to ensure that the seasons continue every year. He promised Noah that while the earth remaineth, seedtime and harvest, and cold and heat, and summer and winter, and day and night shall not cease. (Genesis 8:22) He keeps the cycle going by His faithfulness. And that gives me hope that His other promises are just as sound.

Look out your window this morning and view winter in a different way - as a promise that summer will soon be back! You have the promise of God on that. And then remember that all His other promises are just as sure.

We serve a faithful God.

No comments: