Greetings in the Name of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, and welcome to the Friendship Bible Church BLOG, your source for announcements and information about what's happening at FBC.

For up to the minute information, follow us on Twitter.

And check out our main website, too, for everything else related to Friendship Bible Church in Randolph, Ohio - www.friendshipbiblechurch.org



Monday, November 26, 2007

Focus On Your Assignment

I didn't get to watch the Cleveland Browns wallop the Texans yesterday afternoon, so I had to read about it this morning. Braylon Edwards figured prominently in the article I was reading, and the thrust of the article was how this young man has improved - maybe even transformed himself from being a problem player to a real contributor to the Browns success this year.
"Yeah, to some extent, the biggest thing for me was that I needed to focus on Braylon on the field and stop worrying about what what's going on with other parts of the team," said Edwards, who during one in-game flare up ripped the offensive line for missing assignments. "Instead of me worrying about that other stuff, I needed to realize that if I just run my routes and I do what I'm supposed to do, everybody else will do their job." (Braylon Edwards)
Interesting how the formula for success in other endeavors is sometimes instructive to us who are trying to succeed in our walk with God. Imagine how successful the church would be if all of us who trust Christ, would just concentrate on doing our part,without worrying about what's going on in other parts of the team! If we just focused on the job at hand... if we just focused on the gift we each have from the Holy Spirit...if we focused on exercising that gift constantly and always for the good of the church!

May I encourage you to read 1 Corinthians 12 today, and consider its implications for your lives. Paul taught therein that we all have a spiritual gift, and that the purpose of that gift is the overall good of the local church. Are you focusing on your gift?

No comments: