Greetings in the Name of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, and welcome to the Friendship Bible Church BLOG, your source for announcements and information about what's happening at FBC.

For up to the minute information, follow us on Twitter.

And check out our main website, too, for everything else related to Friendship Bible Church in Randolph, Ohio - www.friendshipbiblechurch.org



Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Silent Vigil

I wait quietly before God, for my salvation comes from him. He alone is my rock and my salvation, my fortress where I will never be shaken. (Psalm 62:1-2 NLT)

When things aren't going as smoothly as you'd like in your Christian life, how do you respond? When you need something from God, and have asked Him for it, and it seems He does not hear - how do you respond? When you see the injustices of the world on others, and realize you are helpless to do much about it, how do you respond? When frustration wells within you because of your own weakness and sinfulness, how do you respond?

David was a great king, but he was also a man. He struggled with the same issues you and I do everyday. And he learned the secret of patiently and quietly waiting on God for the solution. God alone was his protection, and God alone was the source of his salvation.

I encourage you to read Psalm 62 this morning. If you would like to see it in the New Living Translation, which is the one I quoted above, you can see that here.

May we all learn, like David, to wait quietly for God to work in our lives.

No comments: