Greetings in the Name of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, and welcome to the Friendship Bible Church BLOG, your source for announcements and information about what's happening at FBC.

For up to the minute information, follow us on Twitter.

And check out our main website, too, for everything else related to Friendship Bible Church in Randolph, Ohio - www.friendshipbiblechurch.org



Monday, January 28, 2008

That Offends Me

Search me, O God, and know my heart: try me, and know my thoughts: And see if there be any wicked way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting. (Psalm 139:23-24)

In our "politically correct" society, we are expected to offend nobody, regardless of their views or sensibilities. And to the Christian, it is a good reminder, anyway, for we are instructed to "Give none offence, neither to the Jews, nor to the Gentiles, nor to the church of God." (1 Corinthians 10:32) Most believers understand that we are to live gentle unoffensive lives in this world, for that is pleasing to our God.

But this morning I came across Psalm 139 in my morning devotions, and was startled by those last two verses. I'm using the New Living Translation in my morning devotions currently, and in that translation verse 24 reads, "Point out anything in me that offends you, and lead me along the path of everlasting life."

Do you have the same concern against offending the Lord that you have against offending mere people in our society? The psalmist reminds us - let's do nothing today that would offend our wonderful Lord.

No comments: