Greetings in the Name of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, and welcome to the Friendship Bible Church BLOG, your source for announcements and information about what's happening at FBC.

For up to the minute information, follow us on Twitter.

And check out our main website, too, for everything else related to Friendship Bible Church in Randolph, Ohio - www.friendshipbiblechurch.org



Thursday, January 3, 2008

Where's Chloe?

Love not sleep, lest thou come to poverty; open thine eyes, and thou shalt be satisfied with bread. (Proverbs 20:13)

The morning routine was messed up today. Usually Chloe (my Bassett Hound) follows me down the steps and excitedly waits to go outside while I quickly get the morning coffee brewing. After she returns to the house, she eats her breakfast, and then returns to her bed upstairs while I enjoy my Bible reading time.

I was well into that Bible reading time this morning when I realized she had never followed me down the steps. Cogitating on this a while, I reflected on the fact that this was becoming more common as she ages. She doesn't want to get out of that bed. I had a good friend once who had a similar problem. He was southern, with a slow drawl in his speech. I asked him once why he had not made it to a particularly important event, and he drawled, "Ah love ma bay-id."

Chloe does, too.

I do, too.

But the work of God is important, and so we need to get out of that bay-id and work while He lets us do it. Let's get the sleep we need, but let's never let sleep become an excuse for ignoring the things of God.

No comments: