Greetings in the Name of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, and welcome to the Friendship Bible Church BLOG, your source for announcements and information about what's happening at FBC.

For up to the minute information, follow us on Twitter.

And check out our main website, too, for everything else related to Friendship Bible Church in Randolph, Ohio - www.friendshipbiblechurch.org



Thursday, April 3, 2008

Good people?

The TV talking head seemed genuinely perplexed as she wrestled with the recent news story of a public figure who had fallen into disgrace and resigned from office. I think she was quite sincere as she asked, "Why do good people do bad things?"

The Bible has the answer - there are no good people!

It is not possible to understand how much God loves you and I until we first understand how very messed up we are! "There is none righteous, no, not one!" (Romans 3:10) No matter how outwardly "good" a person may appear, we are all inwardly sinners in desperate need of a Savior. As one of my favorite preachers is fond of saying, "The best of men are men at best."

And that makes the willingness of the Savior to die for our sins so much more amazing.
Oh how He loves you and me.
Oh how He loves you and me!
He gave His life.
What more could He give?
Oh how He loves you.
Oh how He loves me.
Oh how He loves you and me!

No comments: