Greetings in the Name of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, and welcome to the Friendship Bible Church BLOG, your source for announcements and information about what's happening at FBC.

For up to the minute information, follow us on Twitter.

And check out our main website, too, for everything else related to Friendship Bible Church in Randolph, Ohio - www.friendshipbiblechurch.org



Tuesday, April 1, 2008

I'm with Him

Although television is a terrible source of truth most of the time, once in a while you get something pretty good from it.

Consider the commercial I saw the other morning as I was preparing for work. It was entirely based on the word "with" and pointed out how simply adding the word "with" to a sentence can completely change everything - it adds an element of relationship to the thought.

"I'm with her." "I'm with the band." "He's with me." "She's with child."

If you think about it, "with" is one of the truly wonderful words in the English language - and the basis of one of the most profound thoughts about Jesus Christ ever imagined. "Behold, a virgin shall be with child, and shall bring forth a son, and they shall call his name Emmanuel, which being interpreted is, God with us." (Matthew 1:23)

When Jesus came to be with us, it changed everything. He lived, He died, He rose again, just so you and I could be with Him.

Are you with Him?

No comments: