Greetings in the Name of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, and welcome to the Friendship Bible Church BLOG, your source for announcements and information about what's happening at FBC.

For up to the minute information, follow us on Twitter.

And check out our main website, too, for everything else related to Friendship Bible Church in Randolph, Ohio - www.friendshipbiblechurch.org



Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Two-Wheeled Reflections

It's been a while since I shared a thought from the seat of the motorcycle.  But for some reason, I always find that 30 minute ride in the brisk morning air to be a great time for prayer and reflection.  It was no different this morning.  As I was riding along and talking with God, I was suddenly just thankful for the privilege and joy of doing such a thing.  I was reminded of Paul's words to Timothy where he talked about our God "who giveth us richly all things to enjoy." (1 Timothy 6:17)  For a minute, there, I was just thankful to be the recipient of so many of God's blessings.

But as soon as I thought it, my mind fast-forwarded to what is yet to come, and I was reminded that no matter how much of the pleasures of our God we may enjoy in this life, it is nothing compares to what awaits!  God is so good.  Today... and forever.


Just think of stepping on shore, and finding it heaven
Of touching a hand, and finding it God's
Of breathing new air, and finding it celestial
Of waking up in Glory, and finding it "Home"


No comments: