Greetings in the Name of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, and welcome to the Friendship Bible Church BLOG, your source for announcements and information about what's happening at FBC.

For up to the minute information, follow us on Twitter.

And check out our main website, too, for everything else related to Friendship Bible Church in Randolph, Ohio - www.friendshipbiblechurch.org



Tuesday, June 14, 2011

The Word of the Day

My iPhone likes to share a word of the day with me.  Today, the following popped up:

ORISON

Not knowing this particular word, I checked out the meaning, and found that orison is a noun, meaning "a prayer".

I was reminded to pray.  I was reminded that tonight I have the opportunity to join in Men's Bible Study, and look forward to a time of praying with my brothers there.  And I was reminded that tomorrow evening is our midweek prayer meeting, one of the most important hours we spend together as a church.

Perhaps you will join us for some of these opportunities?  And perhaps you will take a minute right now to offer an orison... a word of thanksgiving for the wonders that are to be found in Jesus.

No comments: