Greetings in the Name of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, and welcome to the Friendship Bible Church BLOG, your source for announcements and information about what's happening at FBC.

For up to the minute information, follow us on Twitter.

And check out our main website, too, for everything else related to Friendship Bible Church in Randolph, Ohio - www.friendshipbiblechurch.org



Tuesday, May 15, 2007

As The Waters Cover The Sea

"There's one! Right there!" As quickly as I heard the shout, I turned to look - just in time to see the dolphin drop back into the water. We were on a boat tour on the Gulf of Mexico, and we were hunting for dolphins - beautiful creatures that are fascinating to watch. Whenever I experience such a part of God's creation, I am awed. There is so much variety in what He made; so much beauty. As I watched that beautiful animal drop into the water, the thought came to mind - "My God made that."

But my eyes moved from the dolphin to the vast vista of water that he had dropped into. As far as I could see - water. And it brought a verse to mind - a wonderful promise about the end times: For the earth shall be filled with the knowledge of the glory of the Lord, as the waters cover the sea. (Habakkuk 2:14)

The day is coming when everybody will know my Jesus. Everybody will know God. There will be no wickedness and no evil. The knowledge of God will cover everything, just as the water of the sea covers everything as far as the eyes can see.

Are you ready for that day?

No comments: