Greetings in the Name of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, and welcome to the Friendship Bible Church BLOG, your source for announcements and information about what's happening at FBC.

For up to the minute information, follow us on Twitter.

And check out our main website, too, for everything else related to Friendship Bible Church in Randolph, Ohio - www.friendshipbiblechurch.org



Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Not One Moment

Well, we are back in Randolph after several days in the Smokey Mountains at the Gaither Family Fest. We met countless thousands of music lovers and believers. We heard sixteen hours of gospel music. Yes, you heard that right - 16!!! We listened to wonderful testimonies and great speakers. Our cups were filled 'til they could hold no more!

Somewhere during the Sunday morning worship service, I remember the speaker sharing this particular thought: "No matter what has happened to you in your life, know that there has never been a moment when you have been unloved." Those may not be the exact words, but they give the gist of the speaker's point. And I haven't been able to get it out of my mind since.

  • When I have been in love with God - He has loved me.
  • When I have fallen away from God - He has loved me.
  • When I have been busy working in His church - He has loved me.
  • When I have let other things displace His work, which shouldn't - He has loved me.
  • When I have been kind to others - He has loved me
  • When I have been cruel to others - He has loved me.
  • When I have remembered to pray - He has loved me.
  • When I have abandoned prayer - He has loved me.
No matter where I have been in my life, even those times when I've made myself completely unlovable - He has loved me! And He has loved you the same way, too.

For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come, Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord. (Romans 8:38-39 KJV)

His love is always there for you, no matter the situation. This really got through to me this morning as I was praying. Praying for the many things I always pray for. And then the thought hit me that He is always faithful to me, no matter whether I am faithful to Him or not! And my prayer became simply - "Lord, help me to be just as faithful to You today."

Stop right now and spend a minute thinking about how faithful He is to you, friend. Nothing can separate you from His love. Nothing. NOTHING! When you get hold of that thought, I think you, too, will want to pray, "Lord, help me to be just as faithful to You today, as You are to me."

No comments: